Can Someone Help with Game Chronology?

Can someone please tell me what the correct time wise order the games should be played? I have collected almost all of the series and would like to play them in the correct chronological order? thank you very much.....

Sure thing:

Wing Commander (2654)
The Secret Missions (2654-2655)
Super Wing Commander (Additional Missions, 2655)
Secret Missions 2: Crusade (2655)
Wing Commander II (2665-2667)
Special Operations 1 (2667)
Special Operations 2 (2667)
Academy (2667)
Armada (2669)
Privateer (2669)
Wing Commander III (2669)
Righteous Fire (2670)
Wing Commander IV (2672)
Wing Commander Prophecy (2681)
Wing Commander Secret Ops (2681)
Arena (2700)
Privateer 2 (2790)

If you're going to play the unofficial games, then Standoff comes in between Academy and Armada, and I believe Unknown Enemy is pretty much concurrent with Secret Ops.

This is also a good opportunity to read the novels. Action Stations is a prequel to the whole Kilrathi War from the perspective of shortly afterwards. Freedom Flight is concurrent with SM2. End Run and Fleet Action are between SO2 and WC3. False Color takes place between WC4 and Prophecy. The movie and game novels are concurrent with the stories they're about.

This is also a good opportunity to read the novels. Action Stations is a prequel to the whole Kilrathi War from the perspective of shortly afterwards. Freedom Flight is concurrent with SM2. End Run and Fleet Action are between SO2 and WC3. False Color takes place between WC4 and Prophecy. The movie and game novels are concurrent with the stories they're about.

You left out Pilgrim Stars.

Or, am I talking about a novel that never existed?

I thought the False Colors novel was set in the time period between WC3 and WC4. Admiral Tolwyn was in False Colors, but he was dead by the end of WC4.

Chris just misspoke. False Colors occurs between WC3 and WC4. The beginning of WC4 is not long after Tolwyn returned from Project Goliath in the Landreich.

You left out Pilgrim Stars.

Or, am I talking about a novel that never existed?

I messed up on False Colors (Tolwyn thing, obviously), but I intended to group Pilgrim Stars in with "movie novels," since they all proceed immediately one after another.

I forgot the names of the movie novels, but is this the correct order to read the books in:

Action Stations
Freedom Flight
End Run
Fleet Action
Heart Of The Tiger
False Colors
Price Of Freedom

For all intents and purposes, yes.

Though technically action stations is a look back at the start of the war from the time after Tolwyn forgot his humanity. You wouldn't actually know it if you skipped the first few pages, though.

And really, if you have even the dimmest recollection of what happens in Wing Commander IV, even the prologue won't spoil anything for you.

And really, if you have even the dimmest recollection of what happens in Wing Commander IV, even the prologue won't spoil anything for you.

Nevertheless, I would read Action Stations later--while Tolwyn's fate may be an unavoidable spoiler at this point, the book expects you to recognize the importance of various characters introduced in earlier novels and not seen in the games (Kruger, Banbridge, Jukaga, etc.).

Back