Broadsword vs. Ralatha rendering

Kevin Caccamo

Rear Admiral
So, I made another big render. This time, it's two broadswords against a Ralatha. (Image is attached)

Attachments

• PWNAGED.png
    PWNAGED.png
    664.9 KB · Views: 297
What a beauty!! 4 torps is overkill in wc2 era but hey! whos countin? I hear a loud kaboom with NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fadin to static!

I only see 3 torps where's the 4th? It does look pretty cool I like the resolution of the picture...Very WC2 with an 08' feel

Only complaint I have is why is the rear turret area of the Broadswords black along with the lower engine nacelle on the Ralatha?

Use some three-point lighting. Black backsides/underside isn't fun to look at and doesn't show off the models properly.

The background needs something. There's a lot of empty space. It makes it boring to look at. A planet, a moon, or a thicker nebula would help.

The missiles could use bright rocket flares and possibly some heavy motion blur so they don't look like they're hanging in space on strings like puppets.

Otherwise, good start.

Use some three-point lighting. Black backsides/underside isn't fun to look at and doesn't show off the models properly.

The background needs something. There's a lot of empty space. It makes it boring to look at. A planet, a moon, or a thicker nebula would help.

The missiles could use bright rocket flares and possibly some heavy motion blur so they don't look like they're hanging in space on strings like puppets.

Otherwise, good start.

Well, I tried making a desert planet in the background, but I couldn't find any sandy colors. :(

Well, I tried making a desert planet in the background, but I couldn't find any sandy colors. :(

Ah. Anything will do. You could also break up the composition by moving one bomber closer and to the center. Also, you could tilt the entire scene so it's diagonal, giving a better sense of action.

Update: Lava planet, AO, and motion blur have been added.

It took me forever to render this thing. The AO requires lots of raytracing, which can really slow down your machine.

Attachments

• PWNAGED.png
    PWNAGED.png
    855.1 KB · Views: 193
Back