BL-Confed relations

Hero

Spaceman
There's something I've been wandering about: Let's say for a minute that Blair wouldn't have stopped Tolwayne's plan. How would the BL integrate with the rest of the space force? What role will it take?

Allow me to take a crack at it.
smile.gif

If Blair hadn't stopped Tolwyn's plans, I think the Admiral would've waged a massive war on the Border Worlders, crushing them (much as we saw in the losing track end game in WCIV). I'd say he'd introduce the Black Lance to the Confederation as a special arm of the SRA.

But this is just my opinion.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited August 16, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
The Black Lance was a always a Special Forces team for Confed and then Tolwyn supersized them. Or so I've heard

I can see them being a part of the SRA. But being as a super-sized Special Forces is correct.

BlackLance's 'official' labelling was that of the Special Forces (remembers back from WCIV). Now if you were to logically think of it; the best integration would be a quiet integration. Tolwyn wouldn't announce to the Galaxy of it; nor would the Confederation... 'officially'.

Unofficially, due to their size, they would could literally control the SRA completely.

Except for the outdated Dragon fighter (more like extinct now; and with the intervention of the Vampire), they would be top of the line entering the Confederation's official side.

There's my two credits.

Thou art mistaken, Metras. If Tolwyn's plan had worked, the Dragon would never become outdated.

Thank you Quarto, with you saying that, you just made me right in the fight over basically this same arguement in the "What is with the Nephilim" thread.
tongue.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Real heros wear SCBAs, not capes.--Me.

Yes and no, Knight (but note that I never disagreed with you about that
smile.gif
).

I think that sooner or later a civil war would have broken, in which case Tolwayne will use his over-sized personal army to over throw the Confederation (having both the BL and a major control over Confed Forces), and make himself into a dictator.

I'll explain myself further later
smile.gif
, simply because I'm lazy
tongue.gif

I always saw Tolwyn as manipulating the BW and Confed into an all out Civil War. Then while they are fighting each other, the BL would begin unleashing the bioweapons on both sides. They would decimate quite a bit of Confed and the BW's population. What would be left, Tolwyn hoped, would follow the leadership of the BL (lead by Tolwyn), which, of course, was not affected by the bioweapons.

And likely, most of the survivors would not know that Tolwyn was to blame, it would be spun to those people that it was the stupidity of Confed and the BW that both sides were responsible for the bioweapons. He was innocent, but had since the Kilrathi War been preparing a force (the BL) to help save humanity if another crisis arose. He never thought it would be becasue human fought human. With the Cats tied up with their own problems, he would hopefully have enough time enough to make humanity into a modern Sparta. He would then have access to all of the natural resources, but wouldn't have them drained away and wasted on the unfit.

[This message has been edited by Shane (edited August 17, 2000).]

Thou 'twas not mistaken. We can not predict what new vessel would be developed after the Dragon if Tolwyn did make it.

But Tolwyn wouldn't use Bioweapons; he considered them an 'atrocity' in his own words, and preferred a clean fight (well... as clean as Tolwyn's battles went...).

Even though Tolwyn was partially 'hell-bent', he thought that what he did was right.

"A Man sees what is best for the best. Though when the best becomes the worst; he is blind to its Truth."

If he was against using bioweapons, then what the hell were the BL dusting planets with? Did you play WC4? THe planet were only about 5 percent survived because they were genetically fit. That's for bioweapons, not against.

------------------
There is no God but myself. No destiny but what I deem for me. I walk my path and no others, for I am free.

*coughs* Perhaps you should re-read my post.

I said he considered them an atrocity; but yes, he DID use them. I didn't say he didn't. Tolwyn always like a fight where the stakes were high, but still favorable. That is one of the many reasons why the Confederation didn't want him galavanting around the galaxy.

Another reason would be that he was partially insane
smile.gif

Actually metras you said he WOULDN'T use them, he considered them an atrocity. But he did use them and not in a destperate situation. He used them simply as a test against people who were no threat to them. Obviously he had no problem using them.

------------------
There is no God but myself. No destiny but what I deem for me. I walk my path and no others, for I am free.

Back