Artwork WIP: Hellcat Down!

Tolwyn

Vice Admiral
here's the simple question. How can I make this look Better?

Any Ideas?

hellcat_down2.jpg

First a question.. those are Ekapshi in the background.. right?

Hmm.. maybe a dead TCN-Pilot floating in the water.. or the Ekapshi firing at the downed fighter.. or have a Tree that is on fire..

How about a path carved out of the ground leading into the water, where the Hellcat slid...? :)

Hmm.. brighten it a little? Stick a glowing dimming light or two on the Hellcat. Hide a panda bear with a tommy gun in the background.

What about a killer nautilus-shelled squid eating the pilot in the water nearby? This is a different planet, and thus, lots of wierd species about.

a few chunks of floating debris might be nice..?

some white "steam" mixed in with the black smoke..?

add more detail to the background sky.. clouds..? birds?

as mentioned, consider changing the lighting a bit to brighten it up.. ?

maybe bring the camera in a bit closer to the hellcat for a more dramatic angle..?

a frantic pilot, trying to get out of the cockpit..?

Still, very nice!

:)

-Johnny

Looks great.

The Ekapshi could be closer.

The waves on the water:
a) are too big for the shallow depth
b) don't interact with the fighter

As mentioned before
+ light
+ debris

Originally posted by Delance
The waves on the water:

I'm of the opinion that a space ship crashing into a pond would actually create some decent sized waves.

Yes they would, but, as mentioned in b), the patter of the waves indicated they are not related to the ship, crashing or not.

Besides, the texture of the water indicates more depth. Itshould be very shallow if the water can't even cover the Hellcat. What's the height of a hellcat? A few meters?

Unless it's skinking or something... But it's very close to the margin.

I think in general, the scene looks too serene... Did I spell that right? :) It needs more carnage!

Originally posted by Delance
The waves on the water:
Hmm, not much surfing action around Rio, I gather? :p

Those waves seem well within parametres, but some foam would be nice, especially where they hit the rocks.

I like the serenity and the sunset lighting. It makes for a nice contrast. But you need to do something with the Ekapshi to make them seem less static. You could blur the air around them, to give the appearance of vapour trails.

Originally posted by Quarto
But you need to do something with the Ekapshi to make them seem less static. You could blur the air around them, to give the appearance of vapour trails.

exactly! that's what I need... thanks for the tipp :D

I've added engine trails to the Ekapshis as well as motion blur...

btw, do you have any idea how to add some foam? You are using 3dsmax as well, aren't you?

yeah... adding some debris would be nice, right? maybe some fire?

but as for other things: I dunno whenever or not I can do that :( But we'll see

Yeah, last I checked, max wasn't very good with making realistic fire, nor does it have any real fluid effects feature, right?

Looks good just keep the artwork comming, and mabey some dragon and cap ship action in the next one!!!

Back