Any way to extract WC3/WC4 ship models?

Vinman

Vice Admiral
This is probably a dumb question, but I've been trying to figure out how to extract the models from WC3 and 4 and convert them to a format that can be read by TrueSpace 3.

After converting the models to a standard scale, I'm planning on making simple models based upon them. I'll make copies of the faces and write down their dimensions along with a basic drawing.

Anyway, the point of all this is that I recently bought a bunch of sheet styrene, and with the dimensions I collect, I'll be able to cut the pieces to shape and if I don't screw up, scratch build a Confed warship.

I'm hoping to build either TCS Ajax, BWS Intrepid, TCS Coventry, or one of the other ships without many complex curves.

I know there are some programs in the file section that extract each ship in a .iff file. I don't know if Truespace can open this format.
I think there was a iff to dxf converter for 3D Exploration at some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of those ships already exist in say, WCP/SO form if you're looking to import them into there. Most, I believe, were simply extracted from the games and converted over.

Back