An old box i found

Chaosbringer

Rear Admiral
Hello, everyone. I was just organizing some things and i found this, that i had forgotten because of Kilrathi Saga. This is the box of the first Special Operations package i bought, and in the bottom of the box says "IBM PC 5,25". It brings me good memories, and i believe i might still have the diskettes somewhere :) (sorry for the low resolution, but sadly it's my only camera).

Attachments

• Img_0001.jpg
    Img_0001.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 139
Wow, never seen that before.

Ah, 5.25" disks. I believe my Secret Missions 2 (or maybe it's Secret Missions 1) disks are the 5.25" ones. I think I've got a few of those drives around my place somewhere. Should pop them in and install everything again.

Wow, never seen that before.

Ah, 5.25" disks. I believe my Secret Missions 2 (or maybe it's Secret Missions 1) disks are the 5.25" ones. I think I've got a few of those drives around my place somewhere. Should pop them in and install everything again.

I've always wanted the Secret Missions on 5.25 disks. I have WC Delux, and I have never been able to get the Secret Missions to install or operate correctly off of that CD.

Consequently, the Secret Missions represents an enormous black hole in my Wing Commander experience.

I still have my WC1 in quite okay condition... including the Claw Marks, blueprints, deluxe CD-ROM.

Use to have an older WC1 Deluxe Edition, in 3'5" format. It's was destroyed by moist and dust :-(. At least the CD-ROM edition is still okay.

Don't ask what happen to my Kilrathi Saga.

Wow thats a pretty awesome find. I recently had to give away most of my games i had on 5.25 disks when i moved a while ago. I guess it wouldn't really do to much good to have them anyways though, since I no longer have a machine with 5.25 floppy drive... that doesn't really make suck any less though.

you should be able to manually install secret missions by copying all the files off the cd into a folder. You basically combine the wc1/sm1/2 gamedat folders into a single folder and make sure you have wc1.exe/wing1.exe sm1.exe sm2.exe in the same folder. Call it wing or wc1. Hope that helps.

That's a pretty cool one. There's so many versions of WC2 Deluxe (and other CD versions) out there, the expansions solo releases are sometimes overlooked.

Yeah that is awesome. I actually located the Original Wing Commander Box under a stack of crap at the program I used to work at, Imagine my surprise!

Back