An EVEN weirder mission error...

nickmitsialis

Rear Admiral
It's a multi part mission: The Dauntless has to pick up shuttles from the Space station & then gets a reading of a large unknown object;
Me & two others fly to investigate it & all that's there are several odd jump bouys---which one of my cohorts crashes right into because his ship goes out of control; then a large number of Nephelim craft jump in but then thing suddenly go wrong...My VDU fills with red dots, each one marked 'error' (I EVEN go to the Nav Map & each object is marked 'error' there too!) & they start chirping in the Nephelim voice all of the canned insults they make along with a strange 'fast rewind' sound...I cannot seem to get away from them---AND there is NOTHING to shoot at either except for those jump bouys;
Is this part of the mission or is my game screwing up?

TIA

NM

The "errors" are objects that the mission designer used to simulate a radar jamming/failure. This is normal and part of the mission.

About that "strange fast rewind sound"... do you mean that the alien comms actually rewinds and start playing over ? If that is the case, it's a known issue when large number of objects are displayed on screen, and there are workarounds for this. Could you please post your CPU specs ? Have you disabled DirectX sound acceleration as instructed in the FAQ ?

The "errors" are objects that the mission designer used to simulate a radar jamming/failure. This is normal and part of the mission.

About that "strange fast rewind sound"... do you mean that the alien comms actually rewinds and start playing over ? If that is the case, it's a known issue when large number of objects are displayed on screen, and there are workarounds for this. Could you please post your CPU specs ? Have you disabled DirectX sound acceleration as instructed in the FAQ ?

Pete:

Here are my system specs:

Intel Pentium 4
1700 MHZ
1.69 Ghz (I think that's the same thing!)
with 768 MB of RAM

I have the Win XP version 2002 service pack 2

AND...how the heck do I disable DirectX sound acceleration?

As for the 'rewind sound'; I hear the Alien's 'insult coms' & along with that I hear a strange 'sound'...the best way I could describe it is like a HUGELY overspeeded recording or 'gibberish';

Hope that helps;

NM

To disable DirectX sound acceleration, click "Start" > "Run...", enter "dxdiag.exe" and OK. Once in the app, go in the "Sound" tab and drag the sound acceleration trackbar to the left.

That should solve the issue.

Back