Academy TV

Earthworm

Spaceman
Just a quick question, anyone else having problems downloading those Academy episodes? I've been trying to get the first episode since yesterday using getright, but I average .5 k/sec at best, so I'm only at 20%. So, anyone got any of the episodes yet?

------------------
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions"
and the bodies of those adventurers who get bad advice.

Member of the LMG (Disgruntled Men)

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, I can't even get in the server.
smile.gif

So I guess you're in a better situation.
smile.gif

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our neck before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Kahlil Gibran

Member of the LMG(Centaurian)

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited November 05, 2000).]

Well *I* have them all...
wink2.gif

I've recieved a number of "THANK YOU! THESE ARE GREAT!" e-mails, and absolutely no 'I can't get them!' ones... so I'm thinking it's working okay -- if it's too slow, wait a few days for traffic to go down. (Or if you want I can AIM-send them to you or something)

Well, if you have the time than please do, LOAF. At the rate I'm going now I'll be able to enjoy the first episode in a week.
smile.gif

It's not *LOAF's* fault that all you greedy bastards killed Death when you all needed the ATV episodes *now*!

Damned /. syndrome.

TC

------------------
Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Yay, finally got the first episode earlier today, after about 5 days of downloading.:) But it was worth it, and I'm getting much better download rates right now with the second episoed. I'm at around 20% already.

Greath job LOAF. And TC, last time I checked Death was still reporting to us two times a day, therefore he can't be dead.

[Edited by Earthworm on 11-19-2000 at 18:19]

As with most of my questions, and most answers as well, this is going to sound stupid, but bear with me. I haven't messed with the WCATV much, so I was wondering what format they are in? As in, what do I need to play them? Are they WMA, MPEG, or what?

This might sound a bit silly but how long is Death going to keep those episodes up? I mean if I were to wait for the congestion to die down I wouldn't be running the risk of missing out entirely would I?
This kind of happened to me when Secret Ops was released.

AFAIK Death is going to keep them up indefinately (unless of course he gets pissed off because he gets lots of problems from it)

TC

I have the RealMedia version. The eps are located at the site linked in my sig. They aren't as good in quality as the DivX version is, but they are quicker to download. I have episodes 1- 4 uploaded, and parts of 6. Episode 5 is uploaded as zip files, and their links will be updated soon.

Originally posted by TC
AFAIK Death is going to keep them up indefinately (unless of course he gets pissed off because he gets lots of problems from it)

TC

As I've said in IRC, the files will remain up for as long as I have the ability to host them. <Seether>Nothing more, and nothing less.</Seether>

As for the speeds one gets, you have to remember, as noted in an earlier news update, that I don't have infinite bandwidth to feed everyone at high speeds.

(And if people get to be too pissy about things I'll flashpak their a**. Comprende?)

Hooray! My first WCATV episode! :) (Episode 1)

Downloaded the first 10 megs off Death's computer at small parts and then the rest of the shebang from blacklance.org.

Congrats. Pilot episodes of nearly everything are, by definition, hard to find. Unless it's an ultra-popular show which is advertised day-in, day-out...

And think, it only tanked because it drew the wrong audinace. WCA was supposed to be a kids' show but it drew mostly teenagers and adults. However, if you included the teens and adults that watched it, you will notice that WCA was the most popular show during its time slot.

Hmmmm... maybe we can get some network to reair it wiht more seasons, and this time advertise the show to it's correct audiance. :)

Back