About the poll...

Because its hard to think up new poll ideas, and its a perfectly good question. A decision like that would be based on the percentage of people who voted in a poll anyway.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

OK than, I've just been worried, that since this site is on the OSI server they might take it down if some WC games have been available here.

I don`t think you have anything to worry about. After seeing admin`s reactions to even the mentioning of illegal copies of WC games, I don`t think they`d ever make such things available for download. At least not without permission.

Good
smile.gif
I don't like piracy one bit, I'm one of the "That would be illegal" people.
A suggestion for the new poll might be something along the lines of what non consistant feature did you like the most?
That could mean conversation choices
Planet side missions
Selecting your own wingman and ship

This may be a terrible idea or you may have already done something similar but its an idea atleast.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what happens if more people vote for having copies available on the site than don't...is the CIC going to make them available?

Personally, since the game is 10 years old, it should be made available to download, especially since it was on a cover disk not too long ago (providing you were lucky enough to live anywhere but the UK).

The age dosen't have anything to do with it. The copyrights haven't expired yet, and the magazine had to ask OSI for permission to give away WC1.

Wonder how many of us will still be around when the copyrights do expire. Assuming someone else doesn't pickup the right to WC of course ...

------------------
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

The poll has no impact on the actions of the CIC. There could be a 100% vote in favor of having the Wing Commander games for download, but that wouldn't change anything. IT'S JUST A POLL!
smile.gif

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I kindly refer you to my previous post.
smile.gif

------------------

And I kindly refer you to my post.

I'm not saying that they made the poll just to see how many people would want the games available for download, and than if enough people wanted them they would actually put them here.

Just, that since they came up with a poll like this they might have considered releasing the games no matter what responses the poll would bring.

TC said:
Because its hard to think up new poll ideas, and its a perfectly good question. A decision like that would be based on the percentage of people who voted in a poll anyway.

TC

TC said it better than I could.

------------------

I do belive I have already agreed with TC's comment, so there's not point to quote him.

Second, how am I supposed to know what goes on in the minds of the admins? They can do whatever they want with the site, even if only 1% of the visitors agreed with that.
smile.gif

We seem to be unable to compromise. But I think we've both made our points. Yes, the poll has no bearing on the CIC's actions. Yes, they might be considering it anyway. Yes, they might be running out of ideas for the poll. I don't think either of us can disagree with that.
smile.gif

------------------

There's no season that goes by without some fighting being done on this 'board.

What are you two fightng over this time?

------------------
Meson

come see the new Meson's Starport! Now at http://www.mesonstarport.com
Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

Stop bickering. I know that the CIC staff wouldn't put the WC games on the site without permission from EA, which they won't give. Now be quiet.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Personally, since the game is 10 years old, it should be made available to download, especially since it was on a cover disk not too long ago (providing you were lucky enough to live anywhere but the UK).
Unfortunately, that changes nothing in regards to copyrights. The games weren't free - you still paid for the magazine. As such, it was really more of a really, really, really, really budget edition.

Back