A Real Wildcat...N

Sylvester

Vice Admiral
It just occurred to me the other day that I am currently living the Strike Commander life. Now granted, I haven't flown mercenary missions in South America or dueled with MiGs over Egypt yet, but I do have one connection.

My Student Naval Flight Officer training squadron is the US Navy's Training Squadron 10 (VT-10). That squadron's nickname is....the Wildcats. And its 2012, which is when Tactical Operations was set. I'm living the future. :p

Nice! Have fun in Pensacola.

Have you made it to the air museum yet? There should be an art exposition going on there and my own Wildcat print should be on display there:

http://adamburch.carbonmade.com/projects/2013230#2

Any chance I could get a picture of it hanging there, if you can find it? I'd love to have a shot of it hanging in the museum.

I'll put your name on the canopy rail of my next confed ship... :)

Cheers man, work hard, and have fun flying the T-6!

I have been to the museum, and I have seen this print, but I had no idea it was yours! Forrest Sherman field, where my squadron is based, is right next to the museum. I'll definitely snap a picture of it for you the next chance I get to go over there.

Man, that would make my day! Thanks Sylvester! You okay with your name on the new Scimitar? It's not as aerodynamic as you're probably used to flying, but with enough thrust anything is possible!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 78
Here you go man! Sorry the image quality isn't higher than this. I have better copies on my computer that I can directly email to you.

picture2upl.th.jpg
picture1orw.th.jpg
picture4eg.th.jpg
picture31vd.th.jpg

As for putting my name on a Scimitar, I wouldn't have it any other way. They've always been my favorite ship. If you could somehow incorporate the VT-10 patch onto it, that would be awesome too:

TRARON10.jpg

Thanks again Sylvester! Here's the VT-10 Scimitars on a training flight:

Attachments

• VT-10 Scimitars.jpg
    VT-10 Scimitars.jpg
    603.7 KB · Views: 85
Thanks so much Klavs! If its not too much trouble, can I get a hi-res picture to set as my desktop background?

Edit - NVM, just saw your email!

Back