A Hearty Hello to all at the CIC!!!

MadDog243

Rear Admiral
Not sure how many remember this ol space dog but I was user number 35 on this forum and did most of my posting in early 2000-2001. Really glad to see this community still kicking and hoping to see some familiar faces!

I've been thinking about doing another WC1&2 playthrough as its been a few years and decided to check out the CIC and forums....and somehow I was able to remember my password after all these years!

Anyway I will try to pop in more frequently and wish everyone well!

WELCOME HOME! :) It's always a great feeling to see any of the old gang show up again. Glad to have you back!

Ok, so I already "liked" your post, but then I thought to myself - darn, those "likes" are a lazy way to respond. Real discussion-killers. So, yeah - welcome back! I do remember your callsign, though I don't remember anything else about you :p.

Used to be just a spectator back then but I think that 35 reminds me of something foggy... Anyhow welcome back!:)

Of course, these numbers don't quite convey the truth. The original board crashed at the end of 1999 - apparently, a genuine (and possibly only) victim of the Y2K bug. A new board was set up a few days later, but since users or posts were not transferred across, the first few dozen (about a hundred?) users are all older users who were re-registering at the same time, and getting their numbers assigned within minutes or hours of one another. Regardless, I guess 18 years later, it doesn't matter when exactly you registered - ultimately, if you've got a number in single or double digits, you're basically a part of the furniture :).

Back