A couple of questions...

SabreAce

Rear Admiral
1-How will the guns like the flak cannons or the Antimatter guns be portrayed in the game? Or does the SO engine prevent this and we're just assuming they are there but only seeing lasers?

2-What role does the Guadalcanal class play? I don't remember seeing that ship before. Is it a Standoff creation, or did it come from one of the novels?

Can't wait to see this project finished. It's almost enough to make me go learn how to do this stuff so I could help get Standoff out sooner :)

The Guadalcanal is not a class, it's the name of a specific ship - a CVE, like the Tarawa.

Yep, Q's right. The Guadalcanal, Tarawa, and Firekka are all ships of the same class - the only difference is in the textures each of them uses.

As for the flaks and anti-matters, they will be in the game. AMGs will most likely only be fired in scripted sequences, though (in other words, in capship to capship battles)... but Flaks are definitely there - and sometimes you'll wish they weren't. :)

We still need a patch from HCl to make the Flak guns work the way I want them to, but even in their current state, they're good enough for a release version... the patch will just improve it a bit more.

--Eder

Flaks ?????? Really ????

Ohhh.......it must be difficult if they are real flaks there....yeah !
Maybe they are match for me ! :pPPPPP

Originally posted by Eder
Yep, Q's right. The Guadalcanal, Tarawa, and Firekka are all ships of the same class - the only difference is in the textures each of them uses.

As for the flaks and anti-matters, they will be in the game. AMGs will most likely only be fired in scripted sequences, though (in other words, in capship to capship battles)... but Flaks are definitely there - and sometimes you'll wish they weren't. :)

We still need a patch from HCl to make the Flak guns work the way I want them to, but even in their current state, they're good enough for a release version... the patch will just improve it a bit more.

--Eder

OH, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! NO FLAKS!!!

Just put a bunch of smaller guns in their place...

They only put flak guns because they didn't have the system-resources with computers to put in dozens of point-defense turrets!

I think this would be pretty good

Gilgamesh
2 AMG's, 8 Point-defense (lasers)

Waterloo
4 AMG's, 14 Point-Defense

Confederation
8 AMG's, 21 Point-Defense

How do you like?

-Concordia

It's not like ships older than the ones in WC2 used flak...

Besides, I think the whole idea is to recreate the atmosphere of WC2.

Well, the point really is to stay as true to WC2 as possible... There's *no way* I could simply remove all flak cannons. Some capships have flak cannons (some don't have as much as they did in WC2 for balancing reasons - flak guns are quite a challenge), but all of them have point defense guns.

--Eder

Back