BREAKING NEWS: Album Campaign Hits $22,000 Stretch Target! (May 9, 2024)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator

Wingnuts rejoice! Over two hundred dedicated fans have come together to push the Wing Commander album campaign over its $22,000 stretch goal. This means both a live orchestra and live choir will be part of the set of reorchestrated WC music. You all are amazing! If you haven't yet added your contribution to secure a copy for yourself, there's less than 48 hours to do so. The campaign ends Saturday afternoon. Composer George Oldziey also added this sweet addition to thank everyone who participates:

Greetings all! I had an inquiry as to why there is no digital download of the Wing Commander bar music in the reward tiers. It's basically because it slipped my mind! I'm going to add a digital download of the bar music to every reward tier from the $65 level and up! I can't change the text of the reward descriptions after pledges have been offered, but you can count on that becoming available when the project is realized and ready to ship! Thank you so much for your support!

Here's George's excited reaction to hitting the goal!

Greetings all! I have to say I'm STUNNED by the flurry of pledges in the last few days, especially the last few HOURS! I was doing end of semester grading for my Berklee students just a few hours ago with $1300 needed with 48 hours to go to meet the live choir stretch goal, not sure if it would happen. I just happened to look at my phone while having dinner with my lovely wife Suzi a few minutes ago and saw a Kickstarter update. $22,250!! YES!!!

So, as a result, I'll be going to Salt Lake City after the orchestra recording in Budapest to record members of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing the choir parts to the volume 2 music. I can't tell you how happy that makes me!!

I'm actually on the verge of tears of joy. I thank you all SO much for making this, likely my most lasting musical legacy come to fruition. I'm serious when I say you are the greatest and most wonderful fans in the world!

Now the planning starts! I've already booked August 19th in Budapest to record the orchestra parts. I'm looking at some time in September to record the choir, as I'll need to do some preliminary mixes for the choir to sing with. Then there will be mixing all those wonderful parts together to create the masters that will be "printed" for CD, vinyl and digital downloads. So I'm estimating that some time in October you'll be receiving the results of this adventure.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm thrilled and humbled at the same time.

Yours ever so truly,

George

--
Original update published on May 9, 2024

Back